Computer Vision is the process of using computers to interpret and understand digital images. It is a field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that deals with providing a machine or a computer system the ability to see and understand the content of digital images such as photographs and videos.
Digital image processing and computer vision are related fields that use similar techniques for image analysis. However, digital image processing is limited to analyzing and manipulating the pixels of an image, whereas computer vision goes beyond pixel-level analysis to include higher-level tasks such as recognizing objects, faces, or handwriting; Vuforia Engine provides both functions.
In this course, you will learn the basics of computer vision using the Python programming language and the open-source OpenCV library. You will also build several practical applications to help you understand how computer vision can be used in the real world.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
* Understand what computer vision is and its real-world applications
* Install and set up your development environment for computer vision applications
* Understand the basic image processing techniques
* Perform basic object detection and recognition
* Build several practical applications such as face detection, document scanner, and object tracker.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn the basics of computer vision and build practical applications using Python and OpenCV. No prior knowledge of Python or computer vision is required. However, basic programming knowledge will be helpful.
Want to receive push notifications for all major on-site activities?