SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is a free SQL database management tool developed by Microsoft. It was first released in 2000 and is currently available for Windows operating systems only. SSMS provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for managing databases and performing related tasks.
The GUI consists of three parts: the toolbar, the query window, and the results grid. The toolbar contains buttons that perform actions on the selected objects. The query window displays the current query being executed. The results grid shows the result set returned by the query.
In addition to these components, SSMS includes several features that help users manage their databases. These features include the following:
* Database Designer – A visual designer for building database schemas.
* Data Tools – Provides tools for working with data stored in tables and views.
* Query Builder – Allows users to build queries using drag-and-drop operations.
* Report Builder – Generates reports based on query results.
* Object Explorer – Displays information about database objects including tables, columns, indexes, constraints, triggers, and stored procedures.
* Security Editor – Enables users to create security policies for controlling access to database objects.
* Task Scheduler – Automatically executes commands at specified times.
* Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) – This allows developers to write code that runs automatically when certain events occur.
* XML Support – Supports XML documents.
Cyber security Networking Desktop Development4.8Instructor Rating
Want to receive push notifications for all major on-site activities?