Do you want to create your own podcast but don’t know how? Or maybe you’ve been podcasting for a while but are looking to take your show to the next level?
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a beginner or an experienced podcaster, Spotify can be a great platform to host your show.
Especially, If you’re a content creator who wants to expand your reach to new audiences, adding a direct channel where you can communicate with your fans to your arsenal is a great way to do it.
In either case, this blog post is for you! I’ll show you how to make a podcast on Spotify in 5 easy steps. ready? Let’s get started!
Preliminaries Regarding Spotify And Podcasts
Before we start, there are a few things you should know about Spotify and podcasts.
Introduction to Spotify:
- Spotify is a renowned music streaming service.
- It also boasts a rapidly expanding podcast library.
Spotify’s Podcast Popularity:
- Edison Research’s Infinite Dial 2020 report reveals Spotify as the second-largest podcast platform in the US.
- 24% of respondents in the survey mentioned using Spotify for podcast consumption.
Global Podcast Influence:
- Spotify’s podcast impact extends beyond the United States.
- The company’s worldwide prominence is evident in its strategic acquisitions, such as Gimlet Media and Parcast in February 2020.
- These acquisitions have firmly established Spotify in the podcast industry.
- Anticipated growth suggests Spotify’s increasing significance in the podcasting sphere in the coming years.
What Are Podcasts?
- Podcasts are audio shows accessible on phones, tablets, and computers.
- Produced by individuals or small companies.
- Cover a wide array of topics, from business and sports to history and relationships.
- Convenient for multitasking while commuting, exercising, or cooking.
The Podcast Revolution
- Podcasts have experienced a surge in popularity in recent years.
- According to Edison Research, 64% of Americans are aware of podcasts.
- 42% of Americans have listened to podcasts.
- Even children (ages 6-12) are engaging with podcasts, with 50% having listened.
- The popularity of podcasts among both adults and kids is expected to continue to grow.
Getting Started with Spotify Podcasts
Now that you have insights into Spotify and the podcast landscape, let’s delve into the process of creating a podcast on Spotify!
5 Easy Steps How To Make A Podcast On Spotify?
Follow these steps, and you will be all set, I promise!
Step 1: Choose Your Topic
The first step in creating your podcast is to choose a topic. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s actually an important step.
Your topic will determine who your audience is, what kind of content you’ll be creating, and how successful your podcast is likely to be.
So, take some time to think about what you want to talk about. Do you have a passion for a particular subject? Are you an expert in something? Do you want to interview interesting people?
Once you’ve decided on a topic, it’s time to move on to step 2.
Step 2: Choose Your Title
The next step is to choose a title for your podcast. This might seem like a small detail, but it’s actually quite important.
Your title should be reflective of your content and help to attract listeners. For example, if you’re doing a business podcast, you might want to include the word “business” in your title.
But whatever you do, don’t choose a title that’s too long or complicated. Keep it simple and catchy.
Step 3: Set Up Your Recording Equipment
Now that you’ve got your topic and title sorted out, it’s time to set up your recording equipment.
If you’re planning to record your podcast by yourself, all you’ll need is a good-quality microphone. But if you’re planning to interview guests, you’ll also need a way to record those conversations.
There are a few different ways to do this, but the easiest is to use Skype or another similar service. You can then record the conversation using a program like Ecamm Call Recorder for Skype.
Step 4: Edit and Produce Your Podcast
Once you’ve recorded your podcast, it’s time to edit and produce it. This is where you’ll add intro music, remove any mistakes, and generally polish up the audio.
If you’re not familiar with audio editing, there are a few different programs you can use. Audacity is a popular option that’s available for both Mac and PC.
And once your podcast is sounding good, it’s time to move on to step 5.
Step 5: Publish Your Podcast on Spotify
The final step is to publish your podcast on Spotify. You can do this by creating a new show in the Spotify for Podcasters dashboard.
Once you’ve created your show, you’ll need to add your RSS feed. This is the URL that links to your podcast episodes. You can find this URL in your podcast hosting account.
If you’re using a service like Libsyn or Simplecast, you can find your RSS feed in the “Destinations” tab. Just copy the URL and paste it into the Spotify for Podcasters dashboard.
And that’s it! You’ve now successfully created a podcast on Spotify, in 5 easy steps, Voila!
So that’s pretty much all you need to know about how to make a podcast on Spotify, just follow my super easy steps on “How to make a podcast on Spotify” and you will be well on your way to podcasting glory in no time!
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll be happy to help out.